Migration of services - 10. primary archive

Hi all,

the tenth service on the migration list is the primary archive.

-- Migration status --

The change of the primary archive was made before the release of R14.0.7
(in October 2019). This removed the dependency of the primary archive on
QuickBuild, which made it possible to make a change in the archive layout
and cleanup. The reprepro tool is now used to manage repositories of deb
packages, which allows us to publish new releases very smoothly. Thanks to
the use of reprepro, Contents files for apt-file are also available.

Because the primary archive is too large to be placed on a tde-box or
tde-vps, it is located on my home server. In order to reduce the size for
the mirror system, packages of older versions are excluded.

I would like to thank those who provides mirrors for our repositories, and
especially Mike Bird for his efforts and attention in managing the primary
mirror and overseeing the status of other mirrors.

-- What needs to be done --

We may consider placing the primary archive in a hosting center - for
example, by purchasing larger disks for tde-box or by increasing the space
provided for tde-vps. However, it will probably be a good idea to consider
such changes only after we are able to manage the project funds and accept
donations.

-- More ideas and suggestions?

Do you have any other ideas and suggestions?

Cheers
--
Slávek