Installing Thunderbird (was Trinity Slax LiveCD)

On 11/25/20 5:33 PM, Edward via tde-users wrote:
I may have partially resolved the issue. Canonical's Snapcraft service
has the latest Thunderbird there, I would have to install the
'snapcraft' package, then install Thunderbird from Konsole.

For the Trinity/Debian install, would this be an 'acceptable' way of
getting the latest Thunderbird since Ubuntu has not provided 78.5, or
would it cause problems with the rest of the installed software?

Can't use the Snap or Flatpak Thunderbird with Trinity/Ubuntu.

Flatpak: package will not install, GPG errors.

Snap: Installs. But when selecting the Attach icon or its pull-down menu
selecting 'File(s)', it does nothing. Shouldn't it be opening a file
manager in Trinity?