Re: Installing Thunderbird (was Trinity Slax LiveCD)

On 11/25/20 8:04 PM, Edward via tde-users wrote:

Can't use the Snap or Flatpak Thunderbird with Trinity/Ubuntu.

Flatpak: package will not install, GPG errors.

Snap: Installs. But when selecting the Attach icon or its pull-down menu
selecting 'File(s)', it does nothing. Shouldn't it be opening a file
manager in Trinity?

Received a bit of info from a friend who is a semi-retired Linux
software engineer:

When a program opens a file manager, it opens the file manager
associated with the graphics package it was built with. Since the snap
Thunderbird didn't open anything, whatever it was built with, is (1)
unknown and (2) clearly isn't part of Trinity and that is no one's fault.

I also read some brief info about issues with the Snap package. But
there is a PPA for Firefox ESR and Thunderbird stable builds from the
Debian Mozilla Team. I will add this PPA. Perhaps I'll have better luck.