Re: Bluetooth Headphone Microphone

On 11/14/20 4:03 AM, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
Edward via tde-users wrote:

Out of all that I tested, it included three different Sentry models.
All three include a mic and can answer a phone call, when paired to a
phone. Why their mics would not connect through Bluetooth on the PC, it
must be the electronics inside those headsets, maybe they're just not
recognizing a certain profile.

But the HSP profile should be advertised and you could connect to it anyway.
The problem is usually that another profile is selected for use.

In the Bluetooth Manager:

A2DP (default) worked fine with all headphones tested.

For the two sets of headphones that successfully work with their mics,
it required the connection be changed to Audio Sink first, then select
the HFP/HSP profile.
Yes - some kind of tweeking always helps. This was also my problem when I
started working on the tdebluez. It still needs some work but I changed the
setup manager to allow selecting and connecting of specific profiles.
Unfortunately I do not have too many BT devices - just few phones for
testing. I have only one active SIM card to test the phones, because you
need the SIM card there so that HF AG is advertised ...

Bluetooth Manager will display all of the known profiles, whether or not
the actual headphones support a particular profile. This is the package
installed from the PCLinuxOS repository.

Does TDE have its own Bluetooth Manager?

I bought a second pair of the Inland headphones, because the original
set is several years old and I have no idea how long the battery is
going to last, although it continues to fully-charge each time to this
day.  :)

The front of the box has the supported profiles printed right on it:
HSP, HFP, A2DP and AVRCP. The electronics would have to support the
HSP/HFP profile(s), so this explains why the three Sentry models I
tried, would not work with the mic on the PC.