Re: No online audio with Trinity Ubuntu 20.04 Image

On Tuesday 17 November 2020, Edward via tde-users wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 09:56:39 +0800
>
> Michele Calgaro via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2020/11/17 07:42 AM, Edward via tde-users wrote:
> > > I wanted to try the Trinity Debian image on my other desktop.
> > > Although the system sounds work, if I installed (into RAM) Firefox
> > > and went to multimedia web sites (YouTube, audio test sites, etc),
> > > there is no audio.
> >
> > Firefox requires PulseAudio to play audio. I guess PA is not
> > installed in the live image :-) Cheers
> >   Michele
>
> Hi Michele,
>
> You are correct, Pulse Audio isn't included in the Ubuntu image.
>
> Once I installed Pulse Audio into RAM from Synaptic, there was still no
> audio from Firefox. When I exited Kmix and re-launched it, Pulse Audio
> wasn't even listed as an option for it.
Ok with FF and pulse audio, you need to "direct" the output. The best tool,
easiest tool to do that with is "Pulseaudio System Tray" there's also
PNMixer, but I like PST. Here's a small video of it in use.

Right click on playback streams and choose your output, in my case it's the
emu10k2 (sound blaster audigy) I can also send it to my tv (caiso hdmi).

Try installing Pulseaudio System Tray or pavucontrol with pavucontrol-qt gui.
If you need some video tutorials, let me know I'll make them.

Kate