Re: Kmail : no mails received from Gmail

On Saturday 14 November 2020 13.09:36 Steven D'Aprano via tde-users wrote:
> Then your mail server is probably badly configured. Gmail is very
> forgiving of private mail servers, unlike Yahoo.

Actually its not mine, as I don't (usually) write to myself. Many times
answers to gmail users were not received when sent fom a private domain.

I tend to have the same problem with my school's server that runs on
Office365.

> At the very least, you should have an SPF record set. You probably
> should relay your outgoing email via your ISP, who probably has a better
> spam reputation than you do. (Especially if it is a big, well-known
> ISP.)

Can't say about its reputation. I got mail.decoulon.ch as smtp and use this,
no idea how to "relay" my mail through my ISP.

> There are other things you can probably do too, which escape my
> mind right now, starting with *don't send spam* from your personal mail
> server, but I trust that last one goes without saying :-)

Well that at least I think I can say I do :)

> Sorry, I'm confused -- earlier you said you forwarded from Gmail to your
> mail account, now you say you fetch with imap. Have I misunderstood?

I do both:

- I have secondary mail adresses which get spam, so I fetch these mails with
gmail, filter them there and forward them to my mail mail address.

- I fetch the mails of my "main" gmail address directly, through imap.

Thierry