Re: pmount vs. udisks2

> Hi all!
>
> Is it just me or can sombody else replicate this behaviour:
>
> 1) pmount installed, udisks2 not installed: I get the "device
inserted .."-dialog, but the device icons do not show up. Mounting and
unmounting works. After removing all external devicis I still have /media/
populated with "interesting" folders, each containing one
file ".creaded_by_pmount". Zhese survive a reboot, so I have to remove them
by hand.

> 2) udisks2 is installed, pmount not instaled: I get the "device
inserted .."-dialog, and all device icons as expected. Mounting and
unmounting works. /media/ is working as expected, i.e. folders disappear when
the device is removed.

> So ... save to say "install udisks2 and forget aboult pmount" ? pmount i
used in exegnulinux, that's why I ran into it.

> Nik
>

> --
Hi Nik

I don't use pmount, so I can't speak to its behavior. udisk2, as you
described, is how it works for me. udisk2, at least for me, works perfectly.
However, I would wait for the remaining collective to speak. We might just
learn something.

Cheers,

Kate