Re: [users] [OT] Spam

On 2020-10-27 13:25:36 BorgLabs - Kate Draven via tde-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 October 2020, Michael via tde-users wrote:

> > > +1
> > >
> > > Jonesy
> >
> > -1
> >
> > Michael
> > (You have me curious at this point, have neither of you worked in an
> > office environment before?  Random chit-chat is de facto / de jur for any
> > group of people who have known each other for years / decades.  This is
> > also the “users” list, not the “developers” list, e.g. users helping
> > users, so this list will always have random chit-chat as that is the
> > nature of “users” lists.  Raging against the laws of the universe is all
> > well and good, but seems kinda pointless...)
>
> I agree with Micheal but I suggest creating an off topic mail list. If it
> hasn't already been done.
>
> Kate

	I doubt that such a list would help.  The reason that topics degenerate into
OT stuff is that participants' attention gets distracted from the original
purpose of the thread, so they are unlikely to say to themselves 'am I still
on topic?'  If we were all that disciplined OT posts wouldn't happen in the
first place.

Leslie