Re: [users] [OT] Spam

Anno domini 2020 Wed, 28 Oct 16:03:49 -0500
 J Leslie Turriff scripsit:
> On 2020-10-27 13:25:36 BorgLabs - Kate Draven via tde-users wrote:

> > > -1
> > >
> > > Michael
> > > (You have me curious at this point, have neither of you worked in an
> > > office environment before?  Random chit-chat is de facto / de jur for any
> > > group of people who have known each other for years / decades.  This is
> > > also the “users” list, not the “developers” list, e.g. users helping
> > > users, so this list will always have random chit-chat as that is the
> > > nature of “users” lists.  Raging against the laws of the universe is all
> > > well and good, but seems kinda pointless...)
> > > ____________________________________________________
> >
> > I agree with Micheal but I suggest creating an off topic mail list. If it
> > hasn't already been done.
> >
> > Kate
>
> 	I doubt that such a list would help.  The reason that topics degenerate into
> OT stuff is that participants' attention gets distracted from the original
> purpose of the thread, so they are unlikely to say to themselves 'am I still
> on topic?'  If we were all that disciplined OT posts wouldn't happen in the
> first place.
>
> Leslie

What's the problem with that? When the world was younger there was even the "nazi-counter" - or, how many postings does it take till somebody makes a reference to some ugly figures from recent history. Maybe because politics tend to repeat history this call for polital correctness is needed?

Nik