Wiki - individual application page(s)

On Tuesday 29 September 2020 08:36:07 pm Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an idea that pages with information about individual applications
> could be created in the wiki, so that an overview of these pages can
> replace the list of applications, which is statically on the main web.

A long time ago I was going to do this.  The problem I ran into was knowing
where, and the existing format(s) of, the data needed to pull from to do a
programmatic build of that page.  It also seems that the data is somewhat
distribution delineated (or just used differently by each distribution)?

My thoughts on questions that need answering before anyone starts:

A) How do we want the Wiki page(s) structured?
- - One page per App w/ no categorization?
- - Categorization with all Apps in that group listed on one page?
- - One page per App w/ Categorization to every group it could be listed in?
- - Something else?

Hangman in the current Menu (Debian) for visualization:

Menu
- Edutainment (<Categorization)
- - Languages (<Categorization)
- - - KHangMan (<App)
- Games (<Categorization)
- - Games for Kids (<Categorization)
- - - KHangMan (<App)

B) What data do we want on the Apps page(s)?
- - Name (whose/which name?)
- - Description (^)
- - Command to run?
- - Package(s) it’s in?
- - Menu(s) it’s in?
- - Icon?
- - ????

C) What data do we want on the Categorization page(s)? (if used)
- - Apps
- - {basically anything from App above}
- - ????

# # #

As a big fuzzy guess, whatever currently builds the menus seems like a logic
place to start from...

Injecting the data into the Wiki is most likely trivial.  If nothing else it’s
just dup a test bed somewhere and use raw SQL ‘till it works...

As a suggestion, I’d use a page(s) on the new Wiki to hash all this out.
Using the new Wiki also allows creating multiple example structures/pages
thereby supporting some sort of eventual choice decision by the whole group.

my 2 cents,
Michael