Re: Migration of services - 1. web server

Dne čt 17. září 2020 Michael via tde-users napsal(a):
> Apologies for not following the entire discussion, throwing my 2 cents
> in for what I skimmed, best, Michael
>
> > DEVELOPMENT:  Get Involved, GIT, API Docs, Library Projects,
> > Translations, Resources
> >
> > That's more than sufficient links, IMHO.  ("Resources" is explained
> > below.) I promoted "Get Involved" to the top because it's really the
> > first thing we want new visitors to see in this section.  The text on
> > the "Help Wanted" page should possibly be re-written to take current
> > infrastructure into account (list things people can do without having
> > to explicitly make contact with the dev team, and where to go to do
> > it).
> >
> > The target of "Development" should probably be transferred to a
> > lower-level link "Resources", which can then serve as a catch-all
> > portal for the development tools.
>
> I’d also make the "Development" link go to a summary page of ALL the
> development type information.  Do make sure to put a link-able TOC at
> the top of that page!  Why?  We users do click on these, but with just a
> link we have no idea what a ‘Gitea’ is and hence we’re not real likely
> to ever even try to help with it.

> Disagree.  Headers, and this is arguable in UIX land, should link to a
> summary page for each of the items in the menu.

Great, Michael, thank you for your feedback. I also thought that there
would be a good idea that the first level of the menu would continue to be
as links, for exactly the same purpose as you state.

> > "Get Trinity" has the same destination as "Releases".
>
> "Get Trinity" is better UIX, drop "Releases" if you have too.
>
> > "Support" has the same destination as "Contact".
>
> You want both links and while going to the same place is fine,
> "Support" really should go to a summary page that lists the email lists,
> where to file code bug reports, where to submit website bug reports, ...
>
> > Other
>
> If it’s not already there, a TLM of “How you can help” linking to a
> summary page of all the ways anyone (dev or user) can help TDE is really
> desirable. There (should!) be too many items under this, so do not have
> any sub-menus.
>
> Hmm, this like the "Development" link could go the a wiki page, so that
> it can be maintained easier.  (Plus the wiki already has link-able TOCs)

It is quite clear that the Get Involved link does not belong to
Development! Get Involved should cover all topics - user and developer. It
probably belongs in the Home section. Again - thank you Michael for your
feedback.

Cheers
--
Slávek