Re: Migration of services - 1. web server

On Thursday 17 of September 2020 23:12:21 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:54:53 +0200
>
> Slávek Banko via tde-users <ml-migration-agent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > "Get Trinity" is better UIX, drop "Releases" if you have too.

> > > You want both links and while going to the same place is fine,
> > > "Support" really should go to a summary page that lists the email
> > > lists, where to file code bug reports, where to submit website bug
> > > reports, ...

> > > If it’s not already there, a TLM of “How you can help” linking to a
> > > summary page of all the ways anyone (dev or user) can help TDE is
> > > really desirable. There (should!) be too many items under this, so
> > > do not have any sub-menus.
> > >
> > > Hmm, this like the "Development" link could go the a wiki page, so
> > > that it can be maintained easier.  (Plus the wiki already has
> > > link-able TOCs)
> >
> > It is quite clear that the Get Involved link does not belong to
> > Development! Get Involved should cover all topics - user and
> > developer. It probably belongs in the Home section. Again - thank you
> > Michael for your feedback.
>
> Another possibility would be to divide the development links according
> to types of potential volunteers and give them each an overview page
> with resources and how-tos, for instance:
>
> DEVELOPMENT:  Coders, Packagers, Translators, Testers, [...]
>
> Although I admit I can't recall seeing that anywhere else.  That may
> mean that it's a bad idea.
>
> E. Liddell

Links divided by area of interest may make sense in the documentation (for
example on a wiki), but they do not seem useful for menu on the main web.
It seems to me a good option as mentioned before, just change the location
of Get Involved to the Home menu:

HOME: News, About, Features, Screenshots, Get Involved, Donations

DOCUMENTATION: Wiki, Installation, Applications, FAQ

DEVELOPMENT: GIT, Translations, Commit History, Resources

What is your opinion?
--
Slávek