Re: Migration of services - 1. web server

Apologies for not following the entire discussion, throwing my 2 cents in for
what I skimmed, best, Michael

> DEVELOPMENT:  Get Involved, GIT, API Docs, Library Projects,
> Translations, Resources
>
> That's more than sufficient links, IMHO.  ("Resources" is explained below.)
> I promoted "Get Involved" to the top because it's really the first thing we
> want new visitors to see in this section.  The text on the "Help Wanted"
> page should possibly be re-written to take current infrastructure into
> account (list things people can do without having to explicitly make
> contact with the dev team, and where to go to do it).

> The target of "Development" should probably be transferred to a lower-level
> link "Resources", which can then serve as a catch-all portal for the
> development tools.

I’d also make the "Development" link go to a summary page of ALL the
development type information.  Do make sure to put a link-able TOC at the top
of that page!  Why?  We users do click on these, but with just a link we have
no idea what a ‘Gitea’ is and hence we’re not real likely to ever even try to
help with it.

> > > This structure has no "floating" headers without children, and the
> > > headers do not need to be links.

Disagree.  Headers, and this is arguable in UIX land, should link to a summary
page for each of the items in the menu.

> "Get Trinity" has the same destination as "Releases".

"Get Trinity" is better UIX, drop "Releases" if you have too.

> "Support" has the same destination as "Contact".

You want both links and while going to the same place is fine,  "Support"
really should go to a summary page that lists the email lists, where to file
code bug reports, where to submit website bug reports, ...

> Other

If it’s not already there, a TLM of “How you can help” linking to a summary
page of all the ways anyone (dev or user) can help TDE is really desirable.
There (should!) be too many items under this, so do not have any sub-menus.

Hmm, this like the "Development" link could go the a wiki page, so that it can
be maintained easier.  (Plus the wiki already has link-able TOCs)