Re: Apt-get or aptitude to install the TDE?

On Sunday 02 August 2020 10:27:31 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2020 Sun, 2 Aug 12:00:00 -0500
>
>  Michael scripsit:
> > On Sunday 02 August 2020 10:43:40 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > > Anno domini 2020 Sun, 2 Aug 10:08:19 -0500
> > >
> > >  Michael scripsit:

> > > This is a new version to test?
> >
> > Yes please!
> >
> > It has a tdesu workaround built in that the last version didn't. *  It's
> > also cleaned up from where some comments (in non-code type sections) were
> > breaking the MX Package Installer GUI.
>
> Aehm, could you please resend the*.pm-file? I accidentally deleted the mail
> and the mailing list archive gives me an error :/
>
> Nik
>
> > Best,
> > Michael
> >
> > * You should end up with this file /opt/trinity/bin/pkexec containing:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > [ "$1" = "--disable-internal-agent" ] && shift
> > tdesu -- "$@"

I would love to get in on this, in my own small way. If I could figure out how
to do something similar with a Devuan installation disc; that is, just for
myself at first. (I've explored the internal structure of installation discs,
and it doesn't seem too complicated, but I may be wrong.) Then after testing,
add it to Debian and other discs. It would be unofficial, of course, but at
least a start. I just want a "pure" GNU/Linux Debian-type system, with TDE as
a default desktop choice.

First, though, I need to get a new laptop, which might take a couple months.
And then maybe I can be running these experiments on the side, on a test
machine. I am just putting this idea out there, if anybody else likes it.

You can call me completely bonkers, but we already knew that. I am not a coder
or developer, much less a hacker. But I do like to tinker and make things.

Links or suggestions, or dire warnings -- all are welcome! Thanks for any help
or direction.

Bill