Re: MX-TDE edition options (need a debian TDE dev)

On Thursday 23 of July 2020 19:32:56 Michael wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2020 09:55:38 am Slávek Banko wrote:

> > > Hi Nik,
> > >
> > > Notes:
> > > 1) This has not been tested!  Do scan for typo’s before use.  (wget
> > > line was tested)
> > > 2) I’ve set the attached .pm for 64 bit architectures.  (change as
> > > needed) 3) AFAIK this only works if you’ve installed the full MX.
> > > (so you’ll already have Xfce4 installed)
> > >
> > > After the MX install, drop it in:
> > >
> > > /usr/share/mx-packageinstaller-pkglist
> > > -rw-r--r--    root root
> > >
> > > Then from Xfce4
> > >
> > > Menu >> MX Tools >> MX Package Installer
> > > {Tab} Popular Applications
> > > {Expand} Desktop Environments
> > > {Check} Trinity Desktop Environment
> > > {Click} Install
> > >
> > > Logout of Xfce4
> > > Login TDE
> > > {set default window manager, etc.}
> > >
> > > I think that’s it.  Let me know how it goes :)
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Michael
> > >
> > > Notes continued:
> > > 4) Still needs translations of the description.
> > > 5) Has several extra, extraneous comments.
> > >
> > > Ref:
> > > https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=587347#p587347
> >
> > Is it necessary to have files for each architecture? Is it possible
> > for one file to provide that information for all architectures?
> >
> > I haven't looked at what architectures are supported in MX, but I
> > assume we provide packages for all the needed architectures. Because
> > the repository URL is the same for all architectures, and therefore
> > the same GPG key, it seems unnecessary to create multiple files that
> > will contain the same data, only with a difference for the
> > architecture.
>
> Hi Slávek,
>
> That was one of my questions earlier in this thread, "What architecture
> is TDE?"  Based on above, I'm changing it to 'all.'

You can see the list of architectures on the wiki:
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Debian_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions

For Ubuntu, the list of available architectures is smaller:
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Ubuntu_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions

Cheers
--
Slávek