MX-TDE edition options

Hey all,

I’ve reached out to the MX Linux group and asked:

How to add a DE to the MX Package Installer?
https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=59309

The response is pretty positive and I think it’s at the point of needing a TDE
developer to contact their lead developer to work out what/which options are
available and what would be the next step.

Copy/Pasting current replies:

###########
by Michael-IDA » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 pm [me]
I'm not a dev, but there has been interest by the TDE (Trinity Desktop
Environment) folks to get added into the 'official' MX build. What, or who,
can I point the TDE devs to?

by Jerry3904 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:28 pm [Administrator]
The Lead Dev: Dolphin Oracle.

by andyprough » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:16 pm [User]
By the way, TDE is extremely easy to add to MX - just add the repos and the
gpg signing key from the Debian installation page
(https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Debian_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions),
and then apt update, and apt install tde-trinity. Works very well on MX.

by Stevo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:49 pm [Developer]
That makes it simple to add to MX PI scripts, but are they looking for
real "official" approval from MX, or just being added to the installer?

Maybe they could work with us to set up an official MX-TDE edition, if they're
interested, though of course the XFCE-specific MX tools will again have to
modified for TDE right after dolphin_oracle has adapted them for the upcoming
KDE release. It would probably need both a 32 and a 64-bit release.

For whatever I’m capable, I’ll help.

Best,
Michael

Ref: