Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

snipping everything down to Open Collective

On Thursday 23 April 2020 07:26:00 pm Slávek Banko wrote:
> That's why I was very interested to see that Gitea, which we use as a
> platform for developer collaboration, uses Open Collective - see
> https://opencollective.com/gitea/
>
> After an initial survey, it seems to me that Open Collective could suit our
> needs. This could provide transparent bookkeeping and legal status for us
> without interfering with our activities, our decisions and our goals.
> Since I'm definitely not omniscient and I'd like us to make decisions as a
> team, please, if you have bookkeeping and legal knowledge, you can take a
> closer look at Open Collective.
>
> I look forward to your feedback, comments and ideas.

Hi Slávek,

Yeah, I'm one of those MBA wienies that looks at the bottom line first then
the capabilities.

Open Collective’s fees seem a bit high?

$10 per month, plus
7.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge

30 cents at the $10 payment level is 3%, so average costs will probably be
around ~11% of receipts.

https://opencollective.com/pricing
https://stripe.com/pricing

# # #

These kind of decisions are always a trade off, personally I’d go with Open
Collective to begin with, but if the [TDE-ORG] starts getting decent funding
I’d move on to something else.

(Again personally) I’d suggest https://civicrm.org/ on
https://backdropcms.org/ for the ‘later’ as the fees then are:

Discounted rate for eligible charities, 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction
(average costs will probably be around ~6% of receipts.)

https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

But, as that would be later, the group will probably come up with something
better by then.

And I somewhat agree with you on holding off on this whole discussion, but I
think it’s probably actually helpful to get it most of it discussed before we
approach Timothy.

Best All,
Michael