Re: System Tray Dropbox opens wrong application

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 15:41:46 -0600 (MDT)
"Marvin Jones via trinity-users" <trinity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Marvin Jones wrote:

> >>inode/directory probably
> >>
> >>But, i doubt DropBox honors TDE settings. Most probably it uses
> >>xdg-open. You'll have to play with xdg-mime to set correct default
> >>file manager
> >
> >By golly, I believe you pinned it down!  With your guidance
> >I guessed at what was going on "behind the curtain" and entered:
> >
> >	$ xdg-open $HOME/Dropbox
> >
> >and Kid3 opened up in the Dropbox directory!
> >
> >Now to find out how to strip kid3 from the assignment in xdg-mime --
> >having never dealt with xdg-open / xdg-mime before.
>
> Well, maybe it's not inode/directory
> Tho' you would think so.
>
> jonesy@nix5:~$ xdg-mime query filetype Dropbox
> inode/directory
> jonesy@nix5:~$ xdg-mime query default inode/directory
> konqueror.desktop
>
> I think xdg-xxxxxx is a rabbit hole I don't want to bother going down.
>
> I can live with Dropbox's other access options.

Well, xdg-mime is a somewhat mysterious thingie, but you can try mess with
mime directly. Either by finding kid3 .desktop file and removing
inode/directory (or whatever dropbox hooks with, it could be some kind of
uri), or edit/create mimeapps.list

--
  Nick Koretsky (nick.koretsky@xxxxxxxxx)