Re: System Tray Dropbox opens wrong application

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Marvin Jones wrote:
>On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Nick Koretsky wrote:
>>On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Marvin Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> Clicking on the System Tray object brings up the Dropbox menu.
>>> Then clicking on "Open Dropbox Folder" brings up Kid3 !!!!
>>> (kid3: the mp3 sound tag editor)
>>
>>inode/directory probably
>>
>>But, i doubt DropBox honors TDE settings. Most probably it uses
>>xdg-open. You'll have to play with xdg-mime to set correct default
>>file manager
>
>By golly, I believe you pinned it down!  With your guidance
>I guessed at what was going on "behind the curtain" and entered:
>
>	$ xdg-open $HOME/Dropbox
>
>and Kid3 opened up in the Dropbox directory!
>
>Now to find out how to strip kid3 from the assignment in xdg-mime --
>having never dealt with xdg-open / xdg-mime before.

Well, maybe it's not inode/directory
Tho' you would think so.

jonesy@nix5:~$ xdg-mime query filetype Dropbox
inode/directory
jonesy@nix5:~$ xdg-mime query default inode/directory
konqueror.desktop

I think xdg-xxxxxx is a rabbit hole I don't want to bother going down.

I can live with Dropbox's other access options.

Thank you for your time, Nick!
Jonesy