Moving TDE user ‘stuff’ to a new distribution

Hi All,

I’m looking to move all my user data, config’s, and profiles (for KMail,
Konsole, LibreOffice, Calibre, Zim, ...) from my old machine to the new
machine.

Old: Ubuntu 14.04
New: MX-18

I tried a wholesale replacement of the entire user-dir, which did not go
well...  Too many non-TDE menu differences, the entire TDE menu disappeared,
and the only applet left in the Panel was the quick launcher.  So, I’m going
for the move ‘just the guts’ approach...

I can track down all the somewhat random application dirs like ~/.gimp
and “~/Calibre Library” as well as the regular Documents/Download type dirs.

But, will any of TDE’s desktop configuration type files[1] be overwritten by
replacing these directories wholesale from the old system?

~/.trinity/share
~/.local/share
~/.config
~/.kde/share [2]

Are there any other directories that have user type information that I’m
missing?  And, are there any directories that need to be excluded (as it’d
break the new system’s TDE if overwritten)?

Thanks,
Michael

[1] Things like menus, panels, and desktop settings files.

[2] Oddly ~/.kde has recently written to files in it, who knew stuff is still
being stuck there... I don’t have KDE installed, and have only booted TDE for
at least the last 3 years;  all these (and probably a few more) have been
modified in the last month:

.kde/share/config/kfilemodulerc
.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
.kde/share/config/startkdeinitlockrc