Re: Tabbed konqueror on Ubuntu

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 11:27:05PM +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have installed Ubuntu (18.04) - because I needed to test amdgpu-pro vs
> amdgpu - and I have discovered that (k)ubuntu adds tabs to my konqueror
> (filemanager, 14.0.5) windows.
>
> I can neither let these tabs disappear on Ubuntu, nor make them appear on
> Debian. Is this a speciality of Ubuntu?

That's very strange -- you ought to see a small clickable icon at the
far right hand side of the window, above the scroll bar but below the K
icon and Go button. It is a red cross X on a tab, if you mouse over it
it ought to say Close Tab, and clicking on it will close the current
tab. Alternatively the Window menu include a Close Current Tab (Ctrl-W)
command.

Do neither of these work to close tabs? How very odd.

I presume you're using TDE (KDE 3) and not the version of KDE that comes
with Kubuntu (KDE Plasma 5).

--
Steven