Re: ugly VLC after Stretch

On Saturday 08 December 2018 05.46:05 Felmon Davis wrote:
> Greets!
>
> I decided to upgrade from Jessie to Stretch last night. it seems to
> have worked though there are some oddities.
>
> now VLC has grotesquely large control buttons ("Pause", etc.); the
> interface in general seems to run on a different 'theme' and anyway
> is over-large.
(...)
> note a complication: I had Devuan installed and just did the Stretch
> update but not sure of its relevance (thus I mention it).
>
> f.

Hello,

All I can say is I have stretch and TDE on several machines, as well as VLC,
and I see none of these. No idea if Devuan could be a source of trouble but
your problem quite probably has a local cause.

I add a snaphot of what vlc looks like here, in case what I see is what you
find ugly :)

Thierry