Re: Check TDE to see if the kate session->rename bug exists

On 2023/11/08 10:18 AM, David C. Rankin via tde-devels wrote:
TDE devs,

  While working in openSUSE's KDE3 I ran across an obscure kate session rename bug that I'd like to have somebody check on TDE to see if it exists here (I suspect it does). To check if the bug exits, open kate and open a couple of files. Now save the session:

     Sessions -> Save

give it a name and then close kate. (not sure if you need to close it, but let's check the entire process)

   Launch kate again and choose to open the session you just saved. Now attempt to rename it with:

     Sessions -> Manage... (highlight current name) -> Rename

  The new name will appear in the session list, but if you note in the titlebar, the current session is not renamed and when you close the session, the new name is lost from the session-list.

   As a work-around you can use Session -> Save As, but it is curious the rename just fails.

   If you confirm it on TDE, let me know and I'll write it up.

Hi David,
session management in TDE R14.1.0 was reworked quite heavily, with the introduction of a session panel and new menu.
Renaming a session does not immediately update the window caption, but it does as soon as you switch to another document, even already opened. If you close and reopen Kate, the new session name is not lost.
Fyi, the session panel makes working with multiple sessions much easier.

Cheers
  Michele