Re: [François] arts crash on TDE startup (#5) is not fixed on Mageia 9 in 14.1.1

Le 03/11/2023 à 01:58, Felix Miata via tde-devels a écrit :
Michele Calgaro composed on 2023-08-29 21:26 (UTC-0400):

<https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/arts/issues/5#issuecomment-31175>
Hoping François sees this. I've never in recollection gotten a response if
emailing him directly, and have no idea if he's one of the bug #5 subscribers.

Hello Felix,

Sorry if I've missed your email.

I've just installed a fresh Mageia 9 in a VMware virtual machine (I chose the Plasma Desktop installation type). Login as root, then followed the Trinity wiki instructions and did "urpmi trinity-desktop-all".
Open drakconf, choose TDM as display manager, then reboot.
At startup, I see TDM, I select the TDE session type and login with regular user.

There was no arts crashing but I did hear any sound.
Then I realized that the volume control in virtual machine was very low, at 5%. Setting it to 100% and now I can hear the sound .

I have not tested on real hardware at the moment.

May be the arts settings are causing the problem ? I suggest you configure arts to use Alsa output and try again.

Regards
François