Re: Mirror Growth

On Tuesday 20 of June 2023 02:22:06 Mike Bird via tde-devels wrote:
> On Mon June 19 2023 16:40:06 Slávek Banko via tde-devels wrote:
> > To reduce the volume on the mirror, we must therefore consider
> > excluding some older data from the mirror. Originally, I assumed that
> > the R14.0.x repository would be removed from the mirror after the
> > release of R14.1.1. If it seems appropriate, we can exclude it
> > earlier. What is your opinion? Probably no one will mind if we exclude
> > the source tarballs for the R14.0.x series. This will help free up
> > some additional space. For cdimmages, I can set excludes on the
> > primary archive.
> >
> > It will certainly be useful to organize the exclusion of the old data
> > so that the PTB repository can be back on the mirrors.
>
> I'm in an odd state where I prepay for the mirror VPS a year
> at a time and there are still several more months left but the
> provider is discontinuing this particular service so I will
> have to switch to another service by November.
>
> For now the mirrors have PSB and PTB and R14.1.x but R14.0.x
> has been removed.

Oh, I see, no need to think about it, it's already been excluded...
I'll add an exclude on the primary archive, so that it matches :)

> The source tarballs for R14.1.x amount to only 2GB of the 72GB
> of R14.1.x.  I doubt that excluding sources from R14.0.x would
> reduce the 115GB of R14.0.x enough for it to fit.

I meant the source tarballs located in the /releases/ folder. There it
represents a larger volume than just 2 GiB.

> Meantime I'm keeping my eyes open for good deals on large VPSs.
> They don't come up often.  This will determine whether I can
> resume mirroring R14.0.x.

The intention here was to exclude R14.0.x from mirroring. It just happened
sooner than I expected. But it does not matter. It is useful to keep the
mirror at some reasonably acceptable size. I hope that you will soon
manage to find an alternative for your VPS. Thank you for your
contribution to the project!

> --Mike

Cheers
--