Re: Mirror Growth

On Mon June 19 2023 16:40:06 Slávek Banko via tde-devels wrote:
> To reduce the volume on the mirror, we must therefore consider excluding
> some older data from the mirror. Originally, I assumed that the R14.0.x
> repository would be removed from the mirror after the release of R14.1.1.
> If it seems appropriate, we can exclude it earlier. What is your opinion?
> Probably no one will mind if we exclude the source tarballs for the
> R14.0.x series. This will help free up some additional space. For
> cdimmages, I can set excludes on the primary archive.
>
> It will certainly be useful to organize the exclusion of the old data so
> that the PTB repository can be back on the mirrors.

I'm in an odd state where I prepay for the mirror VPS a year
at a time and there are still several more months left but the
provider is discontinuing this particular service so I will
have to switch to another service by November.

For now the mirrors have PSB and PTB and R14.1.x but R14.0.x
has been removed.

The source tarballs for R14.1.x amount to only 2GB of the 72GB
of R14.1.x.  I doubt that excluding sources from R14.0.x would
reduce the 115GB of R14.0.x enough for it to fit.

Meantime I'm keeping my eyes open for good deals on large VPSs.
They don't come up often.  This will determine whether I can
resume mirroring R14.0.x.

--Mike