Re: bad copy & paste from Konsole to Konsole running MCedit

On 2021/12/10 11:58 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
Both. Vim was never installed until I needed to make this test, so no personal
settings to change its defaults, whatever/wherever they are. Just thought need
to test copy from raw Konsole to raw Konsole.....Nope, not definitive. Konsole
thinks it's a bunch of commands to run, spews out lots of command not founds,
but it looks like probably no extra characters. Maybe this is a clue? Pasting
into Xterm it's as if I was pasting into a text editor - extra characters are
absent.

I am a bit lost. I thought the original problem was that pasting in vim was indenting incorrectly, which is a well known things. By the way default vim settings does not mean "good settings", vim is well known for not having the best initial setting, mostly for historical reasons (see neovim in comparison).
So what exactly is the issue we are discussing?

Cheers
  Michele