Re: Fwd: Mascot Contest submission -- Tristian

> Sorry if you get 2 copies - mail server (mine) gave error on send, so I'm
> sending 2nd copy :)

Only one mail received in my case.

Good point. Not changing the mascot should also be an option to consider. Before publicly announcing any pet contest, it is important to decide if this is something that TDE community want to do.

In favour of not changing is not spending time and resources on this issue, I myself commented in my previous post about bugs with many years in Quanta.

In favour of changing:
1) Maybe Konqi 1 (the one used by KDE-3 and TDE) looks a bit old.
2) Announcing a mascot contest may attract the attention of new people who are not currently TDE users. People who don't care about "released 14.0.11"-type announcements, might be interested in the creative side of a mascot contest.
3) The idea is to offer a way for non-programmers to contribute, as translations do.

Best regards!