Re: Status of TDE ARK timestamp for files in ZIP archive.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Slávek Banko" <slavek.banko@xxxxxxx>
To: "TDE Devels" <devels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 5:25 AM
Subject: Re: Status of TDE ARK timestamp for files in ZIP archive.

"ark-trinity 4:14.1.0~s211-0debian11.0.0+10~a"
--> This suggests you're using a KDE4 version of ARK which doesn't have
that problem.  Unfortunately, KDE4 ARK doesn't work well with a KDE3.5
GUI and a KDE4/KDE5 GUI is very inflexible and unfriendly.

Ale, you misunderstood the name and version number. While RPM packages
François creates so that "trinity-" is prefix, DEB packages are created so
that "-trinity" is suffix. Therefore, package "ark-trinity" clearly is not
KDE4 package. Leading "4:" in version number means "epoch", followed
by "14.1.0~s...", which corresponds to the version of the TDE.

How does "ark-trinity 4:14.1.0~s211-0debian11.0.0+10~a" relate to
"trinity-ark-14.0.10-1.oss151.x86_64.rpm"?

Of course, DEB package is not related to the RPM package. There was
mentioned to have information, on which version Nik did the test.

"But this has been fixed ages ago, can't even remeber that beeing an
issue." --> It hasn't been fixed for KDE3.5 ARK, which is "supported" by
OpenSuse, where "supported" means they only make the packages available
but don't keep them updated.

Since TDE is the continuation of KDE3.5 and originally was KDE3.5,
including its look and feel, ease of use, and source code, I was
inquiring if this problem had been fixed at some point in TDE.  I could
then see if I could replace the part of the source code in the KDE 3.5
RPM that has the problem with the corresponding source code that's been
fixed in TDE, and compile a KDE3.5 ARK that doesn't have the problem.

Yes, because there was the same basis, here it can be viable to take
patches from TDE and add them to KDE 3.5.x, which is balmed in SUSE. You
can notice that some TDE patch is already used in SUSE kdeutils3. The best
source for TDE patches is to look into the git repository:

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/tdeutils/

Note: At first glance, I do not see any patch that seemed to be related to
the problem you ask - in TDE or SUSE.

Cheers
--
Slávek