Re: Status of TDE ARK timestamp for files in ZIP archive.

Anno domini 2021 Tue, 27 Jul 09:43:00 -0700
 Alec Destry scripsit:
> [...]
> >> Since TDE is the continuation of KDE3.5 and originally was KDE3.5,
> >> including
> >> its look and feel, ease of use, and source code, I was inquiring if this
> >> problem had been fixed at some point in TDE.  I could then see if I could
> >> replace the part of the source code in the KDE 3.5 RPM that has the
> >> problem
> >> with the corresponding source code that's been fixed in TDE, and compile
> >> KDE3.5 ARK that doesn't have the problem.
> >
> > Why? Just use TDE :)
> >
> > Nik
> >

> Certainly, if it were setup so that it would have the exact same look and
> feel, and functionality, that I need, as the KDE3.5 I'm currently using for
> everyday work.  My experience is that takes a lot of time, no matter what
> GUI desktop you choose.  It becomes a problem if installing TDE requires
> that I remove the KDE3.5 I'm currently using for everyday work.

Well, set up a VM and try if you can migrate your configuration. Don't know what is the special thing you need to configure, but you might post what you try to accomplish :)

Nik