Re: TDE with Debian Bullseye

On Mon July 26 2021 07:52:24 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Aehm, why do you need to pin TDE? Isn't it sufficient to put one package on
> hold - if that's needed in the first place?

We sometimes need bits from backports, testing, oldstable, or experimental
so we need to make sure we don't accidentally try to pull in newer versions
of deps-14 that might not be compatible with TDE.

We also lock out systemd (except libsystemd0) (except we switch to libelogind0
with Bullseye).

And we arrange for libc not to be automatically downgraded(*).

--Mike

(*) I know downgrading isn't supported but we do in fact figure out a
downgrade path and test it just in case we run into a show stopper on
a live server upgrade that we missed during testing.