Re: TDE with Debian Bullseye

On 2021/07/26 5:46:10 PM, Mike Bird via tde-devels wrote:
On Sun July 25 2021 22:59:04 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
My linux boxes all run devuan/chimera + TDE 14.1. I don't think that you'll
have a good day trying to switch back - I did that procedure once on days
long gone by with lenny. It was a PITA. In the end, reinstalling would have
been the better optinon.

Thanks Nik.  I decided to do a test upgrade on a VPS instead.

Not sure exactly what is going on yet but it looks like I can have gcc-10 or
TDE but not both.  Might be a binutils thing, or maybe not.

Need some sleep now.  I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

--Mike

Hi Mike,
I have been running TDE R14.1.0-dev on bullseye since the beginning of bullseye era, so no issue there.

trinity-sb is a running stable release, that is R14.0.10 + all the changes made so far in R14.0.x and that will end up in R14.0.11. If you want to switch to trinity-sb, the best time to switch back to stable is at the release of R14.0.11: Slavek usually holds the build of trinity-sb for a while after each release to allow people to effortlessly move back to stable, since at that time the packages will be exactly the same. Just need to change your apt source config.

Re TDE and bin-utils, you may need an updated libr version if binutils was updated..... but in general TDE works fine in bullseye, even if you build with clang ;-)

Cheers
  Michele