Re: Email addresses for teams

On Tuesday 05 of January 2021 02:39:08 Michele Calgaro via tde-devels
wrote:
> On 2021/01/04 11:06 PM, Slávek Banko via tde-devels wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have one easier topic to discuss.
> >
> > We already have several cases where it would be useful to have a
> > general email address for the "team". For example, in deb packing
> > files, Tim is specifically listed as the "Maintainer:" with his
> > address, while it would be more appropriate to use the general "deb
> > team" address. Similarly for Gentoo packaging it would be useful to
> > have an email address for the Gentoo team.
> >
> > Here are three ways to create such addresses:
> >
> > 1. An alias that ensures delivery of emails to a manually maintained
> > list of recipients.
> >
> > This is a simple solution, but it can run into a problem due to
> > SPF/DKIM and at the same time it does not provide much comfort in
> > answering - so that other team members are informed as well.
> >

> > 2. Mailing list open to all for incoming mails and with a moderated
> > subscription.
> >
> > There is good comfort for subscribing team members, it handles
> > replying to a mailing list well and can provide an archive - it is
> > possible to choose whether private or public.
> >

> > 3. Shared mailbox for each team.
> >
> > A full IMAP mailbox is good - all emails in one place, but it has the
> > disadvantage of having to share a password.
> >

> > What way do you think is best?
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Seems to me option 2 is the only really viable one :-)
> Cheers
>    Michele

We see it the same way - option 2 also seems to me the most suitable.

I'm thinking of an address format like:

team-deb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
team-gentoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess it also makes sense to have a very general team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,