Re: QT->TQT changes in main trunk

Dne po 1. října 2018 Michele Calgaro napsal(a):
> On 2018/10/01 02:20 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> > On 09/07/2018 03:39 AM, Michele Calgaro wrote:
> >> Dear all, in the next days/weeks, Slavek and I will be doing some
> >> qt->tqt renaming in the master branch. This may affect package
> >> building and cause unwanted FTBFS or may require adapting your
> >> building scripts. The R14.0 branch will not be affected by these
> >> changes.
> >>
> >> Cheers Michele
> >
> > Michele, Tim, Slavek, All,
> >
> > With KDE going to Plasma and Qt going to Frameworks, is there still
> > any need for the Qt->tQt changes? I'm just trying to stay up to date.
> > If we are still protecting for the possibility of a change in Qt that
> > the tqt layer would handle, then that all makes sense, but if TDE
> > plans to continue maintaining Qt3 (which I see no reason to change,
> > it does everything I need), then is there still a need for the
> > renaming effort?
>
> Hi David,
> the major reason for qt->tqt and kde->tde rename is avoid package
> conflicts in case tde is installed together with others DE. A lot of
> renaming has alrady been done (and a lot still has to be done), but at
> this stage going back is probably as much work as going forward.
> It feels good for TDE to have its own identity, so I see rename as a
> good thing. Just my two cents, others may have different views on this.
>
> Cheers
> Michele

Hi David,

you should not forget one crucial thing: While for TDE v3.5.x is used Qt3
and the TQt layer was through tqtinterface, for TDE R14.x is used TQt3
with a native TQt layer and the tqtinterface is more or less transparent.

And since TQt3 is used, it makes sense not to use QT constants, but to
rename them to TQT. This will not only make the code cleaner, but also
prevent potential conflicts.

Cheers
--
Slávek

[Index of Archives]     [Trinity Users]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [KDE]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]     [Trinity Desktop Environment]