Re: PR problems in kernel 4.2

> On Sep 11, 2015, at 5:29 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> There where a number of RCU changes that went in during the v4.2 time
> frame that effect PR code, so I wouldn't be surprised if a regression is
> lurking..
>
> It would be very helpful to get your target side log while running MSFT
> validate cluster on both v4.2 and v3.19 kernel code with following
> enabled:
>
>   echo 'file target_core_pr.c +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
>
> Note this requires the kernel to be built with CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y,
> and debugfs is mounted at /sys/kernel/debug.
>
> With that information, it should be pretty easy to troubleshoot.

Thank you, Nicholas. I’ve run the requested logs and placed them on dropbox as follows:

3.19 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/alh1nxnr8uaz3mk/pr-319.log?dl=0

4.2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/51u7h18bee6q0ga/pr-42.log?dl=0

Please note that I’ve filtered out the "Allowing implicit CDB: 0x28 for Write Exclusive Access, Registrants Only reservation on unregistered nexus” entries for both of these files as under 3.19 it was generating probably over 100 per second. There were not nearly as many under 4.2 but there are bursts here and there. Please let me know if this is a problem.

Thanks for your prompt response and for any help you can provide.

Scott