PR problems in kernel 4.2

Hello all -

I apologize if this is not the proper forum to bring this to - I have not been able to find any other type of user mailing list which would be appropriate for such a question.

I am working on setting up an LIO based FC target for a small cluster of Hyper-V machines and am having problems with PR support in kernel 4.2.

I have two IBLOCK backed LUNs exposed to the FC initiator which is connecting using MS’s MPIO implementation. Using kernel 3.19.0-28-generic (Ubuntu 14.04 current) on the target, the hyper-v cluster will happily connect, validate, and use the target LUNs. The Validate Cluster report passes the storage section 100% green.

I’ve had some stability problems with the qla2xxx driver in kernel 3.19 and so in reading this list it became clear that there are updates in the current kernel that address stability. I upgraded the kernel to 4.2 (using exton’s kernel, “compiled the Ubuntu way”) and tested again. Under 4.2 the cluster won’t attach to the targets unless they are in maintenance mode on the cluster and Validate Cluster fails in testing SCSI-3 Persistent Reservations.

The only difference between these two situations is the kernel - 3.19.0 versus 4.2.0.

I am hoping I am just missing setting an attribute or option but I have not found one which seems to be on point here.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott