Re: Kernel OOP - Writes across Multiple Connections within Session

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 11:30 +0530, Santosh Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi Nab,
>
> On Friday 20 June 2014 01:47 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 14:16 +0530, Santosh Kulkarni wrote:
> >> Hi Nab,

> >> There was a slight mistake in the way i formed my sentence earlier.
> >> The WRITE10 request and DataOut PDUs are being issued on the "same
> >> connection" within a session.
> >> The Crash happens only when this is issued on multiple connections.ITT
> >> remains same across all connections
> >> If i carry out WRITE only on single connections the target is behaving fine.
> >> And the behavior is not persistent.It happens intermittently.Here is a
> >> new crash dump
> >>
> > Mmmmm, I need the pr_debug output to be enabled in order to make further
> > sense of what's going on here.
> >
> > Please enable CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y, mount debugfs at /debug and do:
> >
> >     'echo iscsi_target_mod +p' > /debug/dynamic_debug/cpmtrp;
>

> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The output was with dynamic debug mode ON.
> However i double checked with the above procedure. And i see the same
> debug logs.

When dynamic debug is enabled, the pr_debug() messages appear in dmesg
output, and not in the normal syslog / klog messages.

Eg: You should see normal PDUs being processed from pr_debug() output in
dmesg when enabled, along with the pr_err() output from the previous
email.

> The crash happens even with incremental ITT and also while using same
> ITT throughout the session.
>
> Do let me know if you need anything else.
> Adding Arshad in Cc.

Can you send along the specific test off-list please..?

Thanks,

--nab