Re: Kernel OOP - Writes across Multiple Connections within Session

On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 14:16 +0530, Santosh Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi Nab,
>
> On Thursday 19 June 2014 01:32 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > Hi Santosh,
> >
> > On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 15:34 +0530, Santosh Kulkarni wrote:
> >> Hi Nab,
> >>
> >> Facing Kernel OOP when i am issuing Writes across Multiple connections
> >> in a single session.
> >> The crash happens immediately when the DataOut PDU is sent on the second
> >> connection.
> >>
> > To confirm, this occurs when the initiator sends a ISCSI_OP_SCSI_CMD
> > with ITT=X setting it's allegiance to one connection, and then
> > (illegally) sends a ISCSI_OP_SCSI_DATA_OUT with ITT=X on another
> > connection, right..?
>
> There was a slight mistake in the way i formed my sentence earlier.
> The WRITE10 request and DataOut PDUs are being issued on the "same
> connection" within a session.
> The Crash happens only when this is issued on multiple connections.ITT
> remains same across all connections
> If i carry out WRITE only on single connections the target is behaving fine.
> And the behavior is not persistent.It happens intermittently.Here is a
> new crash dump

Mmmmm, I need the pr_debug output to be enabled in order to make further
sense of what's going on here.

Please enable CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y, mount debugfs at /debug and do:

   'echo iscsi_target_mod +p' > /debug/dynamic_debug/cpmtrp;

> Is there an issue with target not able to retrieve the correct ITT ? I
> did not get time to look into it.

It looks like some combination of re-using the same ITT before the
original is being acknowledged by StatSN..  I assume if you are using
normal incrementing ITTs, you'll not trigger the problem.  It would be
worthwhile to verify that bit.

> > Please include a wireshark capture, along with iscsi_target_mod pr_debug
> > output enabled.
>
> Attaching the pcap. I am basically opening 2 connections.First being the
> leading connection.And I am performing a READ10 and WRITE10 operation on
> both the connections.

Thanks,

--nab