Re: iSCSI Blu Ray

On Sun, 2014-02-16 at 17:28 -0800, Ramin Mahmoodi wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Thanks for responding! The host machine is a Mac Pro 1,1 running
> Mavericks (Connected to 1Gb Ethernet router). I got rid of the
> VirtualBox and grabbed LIO-VM and VMWare Fusion, but I was unable to
> connect to the iSCSI with LIO-VM. So, I put ubuntu on VMWare and
> installed targetcli and set it up. With this setup, I am able to use
> globalSAN initiator from my Macbook Air and actually play the movie
> almost perfectly fine (stutters a little bit, but this is over WiFi).
>
> Now, if I use my Windows 7 machine (i7, 16GB RAM + Connected to 1Gb
> ethernet) and use either Microsoft iSCSI Initiator or StarWind iSCSI
> Initiator it start really having issues. It will load the blu ray
> drive locally, but anytime I try to play the movie or open the disc
> itself it seems to take forever and Windows will stop responding.

Mmm, then it sounds like windows is having problems with something
else..

Perhaps give AnyDVD HD a shot to ensure that BD-ROM + BD media is
actually being unlocked on the windows client..?

> If I try doing it through WiFi the same things happen, so I'm not sure
> it's an issue with getting the data fast enough.

Then it sounds more than likely it's not a bandwidth issue then.

> So in essence, on Windows, the movie never starts. Macbook Air to Mac
> Pro running VMWare Fusion running Ubuntu 13.10 Server over WiFi will
> actually play the movie.
>
> I'm going to try to find a DVD and see if that works out any better.
> Thanks for any suggestions you might be able to provide!

Yeah, give AnyDVD HD a shot on the windows client.

--nab