Re: iSCSI Blu Ray

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for responding! The host machine is a Mac Pro 1,1 running
Mavericks (Connected to 1Gb Ethernet router). I got rid of the
VirtualBox and grabbed LIO-VM and VMWare Fusion, but I was unable to
connect to the iSCSI with LIO-VM. So, I put ubuntu on VMWare and
installed targetcli and set it up. With this setup, I am able to use
globalSAN initiator from my Macbook Air and actually play the movie
almost perfectly fine (stutters a little bit, but this is over WiFi).

Now, if I use my Windows 7 machine (i7, 16GB RAM + Connected to 1Gb
ethernet) and use either Microsoft iSCSI Initiator or StarWind iSCSI
Initiator it start really having issues. It will load the blu ray
drive locally, but anytime I try to play the movie or open the disc
itself it seems to take forever and Windows will stop responding. If I
try doing it through WiFi the same things happen, so I'm not sure it's
an issue with getting the data fast enough.

So in essence, on Windows, the movie never starts. Macbook Air to Mac
Pro running VMWare Fusion running Ubuntu 13.10 Server over WiFi will
actually play the movie.

I'm going to try to find a DVD and see if that works out any better.
Thanks for any suggestions you might be able to provide!