Re: targetd and others

> > What about extending targetd so that it also allows
> > - other storage than lvm
>
> Like btrfs?

For example indeed.
I was thinking: maybe the targetd protocol can be documented and made
generic so that we get a universal interface for managing storage
exports on Linux systems - and maybe other suppliers will hitch on this
as well. This would be interesting: now every storage supplier has their
own management tool (ibm storagemanager springs to mind) which have
their shortcomings.
(for example my own storage solution (a data deduplicator) would benefit
from such a thing)

> It really depends on btrfs growing a library, and Python
> bindings for said library. I believe very strongly that for things like
> this we should rely on library APIs and not parse command-line utility
> output.

Agreed.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail is een flexibele tool voor het volgen van logfiles en
uitvoer van commando's. Filteren, van kleur voorzien, mergen,