Re: soft-reboot and service templates

On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 10:45 PM Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 09:15, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The default mounts of portable images goes lost during soft-reboot, too.
> > If you explicitly add them to the service file (e.g.
> > BindReadOnlyPaths=/run) they survive. Bug report is still on my TODO
> > list.
>
> What do you mean by default mounts here? Everything is defined in
> either the unit or the profile, apart from proc+sys+dev

proc+sys+dev+run are available after attaching the image and starting
the service, but they are gone after a soft-reboot.
If I add them with e.g. "BindReadOnlyPaths=/run" to the service file, they stay.

My demo: https://github.com/thkukuk/sec-counter
Remove the BindReadOnlyPaths entry from
portable-image/sec-counter.service and the service will stop writing
to journald with sd_journal_print().

  Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect, Future Technologies
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461