Re: soft-reboot and service templates

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 3:58 PM Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 at 14:45, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > while playing with soft-reboot and services surviving this:
> > A standard service file works, but if I use a service template (e.g.
> > test@.service), the service get's stopped during soft-reboot.
> > Reasons is:
> > -Slice=system.slice
> > +Slice=system-test.slice

> Yeah we haven't tested this scenario at all -

Looks like there are even  more scenarios not really tested.

The default mounts of portable images goes lost during soft-reboot, too.
If you explicitly add them to the service file (e.g.
BindReadOnlyPaths=/run) they survive. Bug report is still on my TODO
list.

> did you try adding a
> drop-in for system-test.slice.d that sets the parameters to avoid
> having it stopped on softreboot?

I tried that, but no idea what I'm doing wrong, the values there seem
to get ignored. systemctl show only displays the old values.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect, Future Technologies
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461