Re: Hiding systemd-cryptsetup password prompt

On Mi, 05.06.24 15:36, Sergio Arroutbi (sarroutb@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello. I have tried with headless=yes. The issue with this is that
> systemd-cryptsetup ends, so I can not provide the password for decryption
> through socket provided in /run/systemd/ask-password/sck.numbers
>
> I miss an option where systemd-cryptsetup is executed headless, but
> continues running, without exiting.
>
> I have tried with keyfile=/dev/urandom and option=keyfile-size=600000, but
> it is too quick. I also tried try-empty-password, but this is tried only
> once.
>
> I am running out of ideas.

Hmm, I am not sure I follow? So do you or do you not want cryptsetup
ask for passwrds via the ask-password agent stuff?

I initially thought you don't, but now you do?

Or do you want to filter stuff, i.e. that
systemd-ask-password-agent-tty only does its thing if asked for some
passwords, but not for others?

if that's what you want, let's take a step back, what are you actually
trying to do? Can you describe your scenario better?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin