Re: Hiding systemd-cryptsetup password prompt

Hello Lennart. Thanks for your quick response.

This option will disable all password prompt ... hiding also our calls to systemd-ask-password ... is it possible to discard systemd-cryptsetup one specifically?

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 2:52 PM Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Di, 04.06.24 13:08, Sergio Arroutbi (sarroutb@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We are implementing a feature related to PKCS#11 that, when some conditions
> are met (mostly that PKCS11 PIN has not been stored in configuration and
> input to our systemd unit), requires systemd-cryptsetup service password
> prompt to be hidden from TTY and executed only listening to password
> provided by the socket defined in
> https://systemd.io/PASSWORD_AGENTS/

The boot-time password prompt on the TTY is just an agent too. Mask it
via "systemctl mask systemd-ask-password-console.service".

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin

--
Sergio Arroutbi Braojos
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat - Special Projects (SECENGSP)