Re: Howto unshare when user session starts.

On 2/21/24 15:09, Stef Bon wrote:
Hi,

I know that I can use a session file, and I know I can use a pamfile
(I've written one myself) but what I want to know is how can I use
systemd for that? Systemd handles the system, sessions and containers,
so is it for example possible to set some parameters and make the pam
module of systemd do this?

I'm almost certain that you can't, no

Plus I'm pretty sure entering a namespace from a PAM module is unsafe (the process the PAM module is loaded into might be multithreaded, which namespaces have trouble with).I mean if it works, it works, but a PAM module can't safely assume that it will always work

Stef