Re: Howto unshare when user session starts.

On 2/21/24 12:57, Stef Bon wrote:
Hi,

maybe this is a question simple to answer.

I want the user sessions to start in a {mount,user} namespace. How can
I do this? I know there is the command systemd-nspawn. But to use this
I have to adjust the first command to start a session. Or is it
possible by setting parameters in logind?

You may want to look at adjusting the command executed by /usr/share/{x,wayland-}sessions/*.desktop

Your display manager picks one of those files (depending on what you select @ login time) and runs whatever command is in there.

So for example, you should copy /usr/share/wayland-sessions/gnome.desktop to /usr/share/wayland-sessions/my-namespace.desktop. Then edit the Name setting in the .desktop entry (so it appears in the list on your login screen), and the Exec setting to change what command it executes

Stef
the Netherlands

Best,
Adrian