Re: Submitting a service activation to remote mounts success

On 2/7/24 19:55, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

You can add drop-in to either unit (and add generator to do it automatically), but I do not quite see what is it going to buy you.

Hello, thanks for your answer and sorry for the previous confusions I made.

What do you call generator here ? A custom script to generate the dropped-in files or some systemd mechanism (I then must admit I still don't know yet) ?

What I want (though I don't like to over use systemd dependencies as I instinctively think this may not be a good idea), is to prevent an hpc scheduler daemon (service unit) to accept jobs if remote mounts (mandatory for consistent use) are not all here (successfully mounted)

The initial idea, which avoided listing (or generating) every mounts one by one was to express dependencies relative to remote-fs.target by adding BindsTo=remote-fs.target to the service (After= comes for free)

But then if some such .mount units would get unmonted remote-fs.target's Requires=<remote-mounts*> would not deactivate remote-fs.target and my service would in turn not be deactivated

Thanks for your help

--
Thomas HUMMEL