Re: Submitting a service activation to remote mounts success

On 07.02.2024 19:20, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

On 2/7/24 11:50, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

Still I cannot understand where the Requires=<my remote mounts> comes in
remote-fs.target unit as doc for special target only describes a Wants=
dep added by systemd-fstab-generator in the case of auto mounts.

Well, forget about that Wants= dep which is to the mount unit.

Basically my only remaining question is:

is there a way to have remote-fs.target BindsTo=<remote mounts> instead
of Requires= only ?

You can add drop-in to either unit (and add generator to do it automatically), but I do not quite see what is it going to buy you.