Re: Permanently remove services

> > They are turning up as failed units, so they are being run,
> > even if I don't have any TPM module. Also, I have a notifier in
> > my waybar telling me of failed services and I don't want to see
> > them there.
>
> Can you provide logs about this? The goal is definitely to make these
> NOPs on TPM-less systems. I am a bit puzzled that the conditioning
> they come with is not sufficient. We might need to tweak something
> there then.
>
> The idea is that the system does TPM setup on systems that have a tpm
> and on systems lacking that silently just skips all these so that
> everything always works fully automatically and robustly without any
> ugly error output.
>
> hence, any chance you can provide logs about this? and what kind of
> system is this? i.e. does it really lack a tpm?

In the past I have seen errors on systems which do not have
libtss2/tpm2-tss installed though I am not sure if those should be
silenced. After all, the unit being enabled means that one wants to
use it if possible - and if the libraries are missing that should be
noticeable to the user instead of a silent fail.

@Morten Which distribution are you using and do you have the above
libraries installed (or whatever they are called in your distro)?

Greetings, Nils